The Benefits of the Sam Carbis & Carbis Australia Type C FIBC Bag Grounding System
- Allows operators in hazardous areas to display Best Practice compliance with the standards established by Cenelec CLC/TR: 50404.
- Sam Carbis & Carbis Australia provides a resistance monitoring feature that, when used in combination with machine interlocking output contacts (x2), always ensures that bags are correctly clamped and grounded before any filling or emptying of materials can begin.
- The Sam Carbis – Carbis Australia grounding system continuously monitors the bag’s resistance during the entire fill/empty process to ensure that a safe path for the dissipation of electrostatic charges exists between the bag and the plant earth ground.
- LED indicators pulse green to inform operators when a good ground connection is made, and red if a faulty connection occurs.
- Our FIBC enclosure and stainless steel clamp are appropriate for use in Zone 21, Zone 2, Class I, II, III, Div. 2.
- Options are available for Zone 1 and Class I, II, III, Div. 1
Sam Carbis Solutions Group, LLC FIBC Application
The Sam Carbis Solutions Group, LLC FIBC grounding system keeps an eye on the resistance across the clamp at the bottom of the bag as well as the second clamp at the top of the bag, and back to the earth grounding point connection of the plant.
CLC/TR 50404 offers the statement below regarding static hazards linked to powder filling and emptying of FIBCs: “Electrostatic charge can be generated during filling and emptying and it can accumulate on the product as well as on the fabric from which a FIBC is constructed or on any parts of it. An ignition could occur if the accumulated charge is released in the form of an incendive discharge in the presence of a flammable atmosphere. Spark, brush, cone and propagating brush discharges are all possible when FIBC are used.” (CLC/TR: 50404).